Magic Bars with Little Red Wagon Original Granola
We hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday celebrating our nation’s independence with friends and family. Backyard cookouts and barbeques are a quintessential part of summer fun and we hope this summer brings you many opportunities to enjoy the company of friends and loved ones. Whether you are hosting or a guest, Magic Bars with Original Granola are easy to pull together to share with a group. This recipe is a twist on a classic recipe and will be gone just like “magic.” Carpe Diem or YOLO—we hope you have a great summer ahead 😊!
- 1 bag Original Granola
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 14 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- One cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (optional; can be replaced with more semi-sweet chips, another chocolate, or dried fruit)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13”x9” baking pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- Separate the granola from nuts and fruits. Put nuts and fruits in a separate bowl for later.
- Pulse granola in a food processer until crumbs form.
- Mix melted butter and granola crumbs in a bowl.
- Add crumb mixture to lined 13”x9” baking pan and press to form crust.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and spread across the pan with a spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, and raisins evenly across the pan.
- Cover with sweetened coconut flakes.
- Using a piece of parchment paper, press to compress layers a bit.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let magic bars cool completely before removing from pan. Slice into bars and share immediately or store in an airtight container.
Pro tip: Turn these magic bars into an ice cream sandwich by cutting into squares or circles with cookie cutters and adding a scoop of vanilla (or your favorite flavor!) in between.