Pumpkin Truffle Cookies with Pumpkin Patch Granola
Where has the year gone? With October comes cooler weather and beautiful fall foliage. We hope you are able to make the most of fall and Halloween festivities whether it’s going for a hike, enjoying a fall or harvest festival, or checking out a haunted house. The fall is also a great time to bake up all the things you’ve picked up at the harvest festival, farmer’s market, or your neighborhood grocery store. When you don’t feel like leaving the house, whip up our pumpkin truffle cookies with Pumpkin Patch Granola 😉. They are a nice treat to usher the smells and tastes of fall to your home.
- 2 cups Little Red Wagon Pumpkin Patch Granola
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces Greek-style yogurt or vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (if using plain Greek-style yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp gelatin fully dissolved in tbsp of water
- Festive sprinkles
- Strain yogurt using a fine sieve, coffee filter, or cheesecloth overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse granola in a blender (nut and cranberry pieces may remain depending on your blender; that’s okay!).
- Mix pulsed granola and all other cookie ingredients.
- Take a heaping tablespoon, roll into a ball, and continue with the rest of the granola mixture.
- Place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the ball.
- Let the pumpkin truffle cookies cool completely.
- Mix yogurt, cooled butter, and powdered sugar. Add in fully dissolved gelatin and blend for about two minutes with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Dip/roll balls into yogurt mixture once they are cool.
- Line balls onto a tray or dish, add your favorite fall sprinkles (optional, but recommended!), and let cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Keep chilled until ready to be enjoyed.