Need Green Desserts For St. Patrick’s Day? Little Red Wagon Granola Has You Covered
We hope that your March is off to a great start! As winter turns to spring, we hope that you are able to enjoy longer days and warming temperatures. Depending on where you live, you may be starting to see flowers bloom and trees turn green. If you’re anything like us, you’re looking forward to one of the heralds of Spring, St. Patrick’s Day, and need some ideas for green desserts to bring to St. Paddy’s festivities.
When you are out about and want a quick no-bake treat, try our no-bake Leprechaun Granola Squares. They are a fun treat to whip up on St. Patrick’s Day or can be modified to fit any festive occasion.
No Bake Leprechaun Granola Squares
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 bag of Little Red Wagon Big Apple granola
- 4 tablespoons of festive sprinkles, 1 tablespoon reserved
- 3 tablespoons of mini green chocolate coated candies, 1 tablespoon reserved ( optional and can be modified to suit the occasion)
- In a medium size microwave-safe bowl, add butter and marshmallows. Microwave in intervals of 30 seconds until butter and marshmallows are melted together. Stir in between each interval to ensure the butter and marshmallows combine thoroughly.
- Add a whole bag of Little Red Wagon Big granola to the butter and marshmallow mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated. Add sprinkles and chocolate candies to the mixture (reserving some to garnish on top) and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a silicone spatula, spread the mixture into well greased 13×9 baking pan or parchment paper lined pan. Garnish with the remainder of the sprinkles and candies, then gently level with a spatula or more parchment paper.
- Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cut into squares or desired shape. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container and eat within a few days.
This is one of those green desserts that is actually satisfying and a nice change from green beer and green cupcakes!
From Little Red Wagon Granola to you: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!